Tuesday 14 August 2007

The Test


A couple of weeks ago I received an e-mail, appearing to be from a Brazilian woman, Karina, the e-mail address basically translates into "wetpussy24@...." She wrote that she was coming to Denmark for a couple of months to visit a friend of hers, someone who is also an acquaintance of my wife. Her friend had told her of me, and she would very much like to meet someone who speaks Portuguese, and since she had been told that my wife was "fat and not very beautiful", she suggested that we meet up and spend some time together, alone.  "See the photo to get an idea what I look like".

Revealingly I saw the e-mail just after my wife had called and said that she wasn't able to log in to her account, could I please check if I was able to log into mine. But even without this, I would probably not have fallen for this trick (not that I would want to do any such thing, even if it had been for real). In any case I called her bluff and forwarded the e-mail to my wife's e-mail address, and told her that she can trust me, and doesn't need to test me like that. I was tempted to play along, and write back that we could indeed meet up every so often, but desisted since B. would perhaps get on the verge of suicide if she didn't see that I was just kidding with her.

When I got home she still tried to pretend it wasn't her who sent that e-mail for a while, but in the end she gave up and admitted.

No comments: