Thursday 16 August 2007

The Closet (Part 2)


To my great surprise, the Closet Affair seems to have come to a conclusion without further drama. Yesterday I went directly from work to my mom's place, and spent some three hours setting up the closet. B. would have liked to come, taking the bus to town, but she wasn't feeling up to it at the time, and thus ended up staying home. I called her about half-way through, half expecting her to be angry that I was still not done. She sounded okay and calm, though, and said she was talking to her mom on Skype. When I was done, I called her again, and she asked me to take home some take-away food.

Once at home, around 8 o'clock, all seemed fine, she was relieved that I returned so soon, she seems to have expected that I would end up staying at my mom's place till late in the night. While eating we talked about her sister, A., who is trying in vain to get the father of her child to behave like a dad for their 8 month old baby, and not just pay child support. The rest of the evening we spent in bed, making love, and then continued setting up her laptop.

Before we went to sleep, she had a small crisis, she started crying and imploring me not to leave her. "I won't leave you" I said, but she wasn't easy to convince, "You will, I know you will, everybody else has left me", she went to her knees, crying profusely, "I am so weak, I need you, please, please", and she again apologised for bitching about my mom the other day when I had asked about when to do the closet thing. "You don't deserve having to deal with me", "I don't deserve to be with you, you will soon tire of me"...



No comments: